Pap Smear (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Early cervical precancers and cancer often have no signs or symptoms. Therefore, it is important to have regular Pap smears. Symptoms usually appear when the cancer has progressed.
The following symptoms must be reported to a health care professional right away:
These symptoms do not conclude that someone has cancer. Other conditions may cause these symptoms, but a check-up is necessary to determine the cause.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/23/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Pap Smear
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pap Smear:
Pap Smear - Experience
Please share your experience with Pap smear tests. Was it painful?
Pap Smear - Results
If you have had an abnormal Pap smear, what were the results?
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication