Patient Rights (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Right to Refuse Care - Adults, Parents, and Children
Along with the right to adequate and appropriate healthcare, competent adult patients have the right to refuse health care (it is wise to document that the patient clearly understands the risks and benefits of their decision), but exceptions do occur.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/18/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Patient Rights
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape
The pediatric surgeon works at the juncture between surgery and pediatrics and, consequently, must deal with the surgical, medical, and ethical issues that concern both areas.