Patient Rights Topic Guide
Patient Rights: Patient rights are the basic rules of conduct between medical caregivers as well as the institutions and people that support them and patients. The key components are communication; informed consent; confidentiality; the right to healthcare; abandonment; right to refuse care for adults parents, and children; legal principles in medicine; and medical research and patients' rights.
Child Abuse Child abuse is defined as a variety of abnormal behaviors directed against children. It can take many forms. Child abuse may be in the form of sexual abuse, pedophilia, physical abuse, child neglect, emotional neglect and abuse, failure to thrive, and Munchausen syndrome by proxy.
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication