Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Untreated PID can cause chronic pelvic pain and scarring in about 20% of women. These conditions are difficult to treat but are sometimes improved with surgery. Surgery may also be needed to remove or drain a tubo-ovarian abscess if present.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/10/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID):
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Symptoms
Please describe your symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Treatments
What treatment has been effective for your pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?