Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Take all medications the health care practitioner prescribes. Symptoms may resolve before the infection is cured and the person may feel much better, but they should still finish taking all the antibiotics prescribed. Patients should follow-up with the doctor or in a clinic within 3 days to monitor improvement. Whether on oral or IV therapy, most individuals usually improve within 72 hours.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/10/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID):
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Symptoms
Please describe your symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Treatments
What treatment has been effective for your pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?