Viewer Comments: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID):

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Symptoms

Please describe your symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I was diagnosed with PID a few months after I gave birth. I was given antibiotics (Doxy Metronidazole and vaginal suppositories) for two weeks and I got better. A few months after, there was an unusual vaginal discharge which is yellowish and greenish in color and stabbing pain below my stomach. I have a poor appetite, I urinate a lot and my legs are sometimes numb. I feel nauseated and I feel like vomiting sometimes, I also feel feverish most especially before menstruation. I went to see several doctors, but I was told I have UTI and they don't seem to believe that I have had PID before. Now I'm feeling so much worse. I can't wait for the antibiotics to kick in. I'll be going back for my follow up check in two days and hopefully things will get better.

Related Reading: Metronidazole

Must Read Articles Related to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Adhesions (General and After Surgery)
Adhesions, General and After Surgery Adhesions are bands of scar tissue that form over organs. Adhesions can occur in the abdomen, pelvic region, or around the heart. Adhesions generally do not cau...learn more >>
Cervicitis
Cervicitis Cervicitis is an infection of the lower genital tract (inflammation of the cervix). Cervicitis may be caused by STD's or injuries to the cervix. Cervicitis symp...learn more >>
Chlamydia
Chlamydia Chlamydia is a sexual transmitted disease (STD) transmitted when people have sexual relations. Often, there are no symptoms. Chlamydia is caused by the bacteriu...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID):

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your pelvic inflammatory disease?