Viewer Comments: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID):

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your pelvic inflammatory disease?

Comment from: Linzyrenae, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

I have been to the hospital 4 different times, but they can't find out what's wrong with me (probably because they wouldn't do any test or anything) but I have the iud (mirena) ever since I've had it. I have been horribly sick and always in pain. I am constantly dizzy. I'm talking about when I stand up I get dizzy so dizzy I have to hold on to something and close my eyes and try to breathe so I won't faint. I've been really sick, throwing up I can't eat, it's hard for me to breathe. My joints have been hurting I sometimes get a numb dull feeling in the left leg. My abdomen area and pelvic area constantly cramps. I'm always in so much pain I have two little boys and I am home alone most of the time, I can't chase after them. Mainly because I'm so dizzy all the time. My doctor is currently out of town and won't be back until Thursday morning, every time I go to a hospital they don't take me seriously, they look at me stupid when I tell them my symptoms, they basically said I have too many symptoms. I can't stand this anymore. I am tired of being sick and not knowing what is wrong with me. If you could reply and tell me your symptoms or your experience with PID.

Comment from: tlotlego, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I am a 28-year-old lady. In 2009 i was so much in pain that i could not walk or eat and was vomiting. I went to hospital and doctors took blood samples. I was told that I have PID, but a few days later I went to theater and doctors told me that in fact I had appendicitis. I was still experiencing abnormal abdominal pain, and finally my new doctor told me that i have PID. I am on antibiotics now.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

I'm 34yrs old and I've had these abdominal pains since I was 14yrs old. About two yrs ago my new doctor informed me that I have PID. I'm scared and frustrated. I never went back for lab tests but hearing all you ladies comments brings hurt to my heart and I will be going to my doctor for help!

Must Read Articles Related to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Adhesions (General and After Surgery)
Adhesions, General and After Surgery Adhesions are bands of scar tissue that form over organs. Adhesions can occur in the abdomen, pelvic region, or around the heart. Adhesions generally do not cau...learn more >>
Cervicitis
Cervicitis Cervicitis is an infection of the lower genital tract (inflammation of the cervix). Cervicitis may be caused by STD's or injuries to the cervix. Cervicitis symp...learn more >>
Chlamydia
Chlamydia Chlamydia is a sexual transmitted disease (STD) transmitted when people have sexual relations. Often, there are no symptoms. Chlamydia is caused by the bacteriu...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID):

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - Symptoms

Please describe your symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease.