Peptic Ulcers (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Peptic Ulcer Treatment
Choice of treatment depends on whether the ulcer is caused by infection with H pylori. Correct diagnosis is key to whether a treatment works or not. If the bacteria are the cause, treatment focuses on killing the infection. Regardless of whether the bacteria are the cause, reducing acid in the stomach is another important focus of treatment.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/13/2014
Michael W Stratemeier, MD
Lisa Vignogna, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Peptic Ulcers
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Peptic Ulcers:
Peptic Ulcers - Symptoms
The symptoms of peptic ulcers can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Peptic Ulcer - Treatment
What medications or remedies have been effective treatments for your peptic ulcer?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu