Peptic Ulcers (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Peptic Ulcers Treatment
Choice of treatment depends on whether the ulcer is caused by infection with H pylori. Correct diagnosis is key to whether a treatment works or not. If the bacteria are the cause, treatment focuses on killing the infection. Regardless of whether the bacteria are the cause, reducing acid in the stomach is another important focus of treatment.
Michael W Stratemeier, MD
Lisa Vignogna, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Peptic Ulcers
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Peptic Ulcers:
Peptic Ulcers - Symptoms
The symptoms of peptic ulcers can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Peptic Ulcer - Treatment
What medications or remedies have been effective treatments for your peptic ulcer?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?