Viewer Comments: Perforated Eardrum - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Perforated Eardrum:

Perforated Eardrum - Experience

Please describe your experience with perforated eardrum.

Comment from: Doe, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I told my doctor I had a clicking in my ear and the next thing I knew he had put a hole in my eardrum to see if there was fluid behind it, which there was not, and he said it was a call whether to close it or not. He chose not to and said it would make it worse. The hole is now twice as big as when he put it there. My hearing test he did in that ear before he put a hole in the eardrum proved my hearing good in that ear, now I have been in misery for over two months. I'm waiting to get a second opinion on having surgery from a specialist. Why would he have done this to my ear without first explaining what might happen if there was no fluid. Good grief.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Perforated Eardrum:

Perforated Eardrum - Causes

What was the cause of your perforated eardrum?

Perforated Eardrum - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your perforated eardrum?