Viewer Comments: Perforated Eardrum - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Perforated Eardrum:

Perforated Eardrum - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your perforated eardrum?

Comment from: fancyj, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

My ear drum perforated from coughing. I didn't have a cold. I just had a dry cough for two nights. I woke up in the morning and the pain was terrible, then it felt like a waterfall in my ear. Then it started to bleed a little. I was given medication for 10 days. I still can't hear from that ear, and the ringing is non-stop.

Comment from: time, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

My eardrum became perforated because a roach crawled in my ear.

Comment from: Sarah, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

I have no clue how, but my left eardrum was 75% perforated, so more than half of my eardrum was gone! I couldn't hear properly for a really long time, but then I got a surgery done. After the surgery my ear was great, I had to wait a year till I could swim, but otherwise my ear was great. Then I found out my right eardrum is also perforated. Now I have to get a surgery for that one too, and it hurts. I really hope that after this surgery all the pain on airplanes, when swimming and when snorkeling will go away.

Comment from: mahmood, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

Pus came out from both the ears some six months ago. After that, I was hard of hearing visited the EMT specialist doctor at the Holy Family Hospital Rawalpindi Pakistan. He checked and diagnosed that the ear drum of both the ear were ruptured and advised some medicines and assured that the tympanic membrane would heal automatically, but yet no symptoms of healing.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Perforated Eardrum:

Perforated Eardrum - Experience

Please describe your experience with perforated eardrum.

Perforated Eardrum - Causes

What was the cause of your perforated eardrum?