Pernicious Anemia (Vitamin B-12 Deficiency) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Pernicious anemia is easily and effectively treated by the administration of vitamin B-12. Lifelong treatment is required.
If untreated, the neurological complications of pernicious anemia can be permanent. The incidence of stomach cancer in people with pernicious anemia is 2-3 times higher than in the general population of the same age.
Must Read Articles Related to Pernicious Anemia (Vitamin B-12 Deficiency)
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?