Pernicious Anemia (Vitamin B-12 Deficiency) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Medical treatment is the mainstay of treatment for pernicious anemia and consists of vitamin B-12 preparations (see below) to replenish vitamin B-12 stores. Medical treatment is generally very effective, and symptoms may be improved with a few days of starting treatment.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/31/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Pernicious Anemia (Vitamin B-12 Deficiency)
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pernicious Anemia (Vitamin B-12 Deficiency):
Pernicious Anemia - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience from pernicious anemia (vitamin B-12 deficiency).
Pernicious Anemia - Treatment
What was the underlying condition that caused your pernicious anemia and what treatment did your doctor prescribe?
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?