Pernicious Anemia (Vitamin B-12 Deficiency) Topic Guide
Pernicious Anemia (Vitamin B-12 Deficiency): Pernicious anemia (vitamin B-12 deficiency) is a type of anemia that is a result of the body's inability to absorb vitamin B-12 into the gastrointestinal tract. Common symptoms are fatigue and shortness of breath. Causes of pernicious anemia can be attributed to autoimmune diseases such as thyroid disorders, vitiligo, celiac disease, Crohn's disease, and infection and poor nutrition. Treatment for pernicious anemia is generally with life-long vitamin B-12 injections.
Must Read Articles:
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Men and Iron Supplements
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication