Viewer Comments: Pilonidal Cyst - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pilonidal Cyst:

Pilonidal Cyst - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your pilonidal cyst?

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

For my pilonidal cyst, my symptoms were extreme pain along my tailbone. I had a big knot. I can not sit or lay down comfortably and it hurts to walk.

Comment from: morgan, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I'm 16 and I've had 3 in less than a year. First one, they lanced it. Second one, I had surgery on it. They were supposed to take it all out but the doctor cheated his way through to get his money and only left in the outlining. So now I'm on my third cyst. In pain, so much pain. I'm not able to finish the 10th grade and I only have a week left of school. If the doc had cut out everything (like he was supposed to do) I wouldn't be in this condition. I don't want to go through the pain, crying, suffering, etc. I didn't sleep for 4 days on my second cyst. That's what's scaring me the most. I can't see the doctor until 6 days from now.

Comment from: M, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I experienced pain when sitting on a hard surface and thought I had broken my tailbone while snowboarding and falling on my bottom. The pain persisted for awhile and then I went to the doctor and a quick visual examination identified the pilonidal cyst. This happened when I was 19.

Must Read Articles Related to Pilonidal Cyst

Abscess
Abscess An abscess is has several causes and can appear on many parts of the body, such as the dental, vaginal, and rectal areas. In general, home remedies or cures are...learn more >>
Cellulitis
Cellulitis Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the skin and soft tissues that causes swelling, redness, tenderness and warmth. Treatment will involve antibiotics. Sever...learn more >>
Cyst (Cysts)
Cyst Cyst (cysts) are abnormal sac-like structures that c...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pilonidal Cyst:

Pilonidal Cyst - Treatments

What treatment was effective for your pilonidal cyst?

Pilonidal Cyst - Experience

What symptoms did you experience with your pilonidal cyst?