IN THIS ARTICLE
Patient Comments Read 2 Comments
Previously used drugs [pyrantel pamoate (Pin-Rid, Pin-X) and piperazine] are now rarely used due to lower efficacy and a higher frequency of side effects when compared to albendazole (Albenza) or mebendazole (Vermox).
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/19/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Pinworms
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pinworms:
Pinworms - Treatments
What treatments were effective for pinworms?
Pinworms - Prevention
What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting pinworms?
Pinworms In Adults - Experience
Please share your experience with pinworms.
Pinworms - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with pinworms?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication