Pinworms Topic Guide
Pinworms: Pinworm (Enterobius vermicularis) infection is the most common worm infection in the United States. An itchy rectal area is the most common symptom of pinworms. The scotch tape test is an easy way to diagnose pinworms. Medication treatment includes albendazole (Albenza) and mebendazole (Vermox). Washing bedding, clothing, toys, and other items the infected person has used or touches is also recommended.
Must Read Articles:
Anal Itching Anal itching is a common problem experienced by both men and women. Examples of causes of anal itching include irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, or dyes in toilet paper, food irritants, infections, and hemorrhoids. There are risk factors for anal itching such as diseases, profuse sweating, fecal soilage, and more. Anal itching in general can be treated at home with OTC medications if necessary.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?