Plantar Warts (cont.)
Follow the physician's directions. Overuse of prescribed medicines can lead to damaging results.
Plantar Warts Prevention
- Avoid walking barefoot, except on sandy beaches. Use shower thongs or sandals, particularly in public shower rooms.
- Change shoes and socks daily.
- Keep feet clean and dry.
- Check children's feet periodically.
- Avoid direct contact with warts from other people or from other parts of the body. Don't touch warts on other people. To keep from spreading warts, don't scratch them. Warts spread readily to small cuts and scratches.
- Do not ignore growths on, or changes in, the skin.
- Avoid sharing socks, shoes, and showering facilities.
- Protect the skin from injury, and wash hands frequently. Warts should be covered with waterproof tape in wet environments such as showers and swimming pools to avoid infecting oneself or others.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/17/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Plantar Warts
Corns and Calluses
A callus (tyloma) is an area of skin that thickens after exposure to repetitive forces in order to protect the skin. A callus may not be painful. A corn is a ca...learn more >>
There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some ...learn more >>
Warts are small harmless tumors of the skin caused by a virus called the learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts: