Viewer Comments: Plantar Warts - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Experience

What was your experience with plantar warts?

Comment from: olie, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

My 20 year old son has had this planter wart for 3 years. Probably grown to the size of a 50 cent piece. Has tried freezing, medication, burning and cutting, etc. been referred to a dermatologist. I can't believe it's this difficult to get rid of.

Comment from: bad_pain&burning, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I have had my wart burned off and a few years later in came back. And now it's much more painful. I can't handle to even stand on it. I cut it out once a week and the pain goes away for a day or two then it's right back but hurts worse than it did before I cut it. I am not sure what I should do now but the damn thing is killing my foot. If anyone has any idea what I should do about it now. Please let me know.

Must Read Articles Related to Plantar Warts

Corns and Calluses
Corns and Calluses A callus (tyloma) is an area of skin that thickens after exposure to repetitive forces in order to protect the skin. A callus may not be painful. A corn is a ca...learn more >>
Leg Pain
Leg Pain There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some of the common causes include fractures, strains, sprains, bleeding, diseases such as gout, peripheral artery dis...learn more >>
Warts
Warts Warts are small harmless tumors of the skin caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus. The three most common types of nongenital warts include common wa...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your plantar warts?

Plantar Warts - Treatment

What was the effective treatment for your plantar warts?