Viewer Comments: Plantar Warts - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Experience

What was your experience with plantar warts?

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

Excellent - simple, well laid out. This provides a bit more information than other sites, but without causing alarm unduly.

Comment from: Jules, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I had a plantar wart on my left foot just under the second toe. It got so bad that I could not put my foot down completely to walk. After many types of treatment, the doctor decided that radiation was the only method that would work. The wart had grown so much and spiraled downward that it interfered with my walking, thus the quicker method. After approximately 6 weeks, the wart came out as a cone of flesh and I have never had another problem.

Comment from: flatulance, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 03

I had one when I was around 13 or 14. It was about the size of a pencil eraser about an inch below my big toe on the ball of my foot. Took care of it with ice, lydocane, a dremmel tool, and some needle nose plyers. Drill around it with a circular saw attachment then grab it with the plyers. Sometimes they squeal in protest at this point and there will be a lot of blood. I sold mine to a Chinese merchant who deals them on the black market for use in soup.

Comment from: mullenstu, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 13

Many years ago, as a teenager, I had clusters covering the bottom of my feet and up between the toes. A podiatrist successfully burned them off with an electric needle. About 25 years later, I developed one more. A dermatologist placed a drop of blister beetle extract on it. The skin blistered, raising the wart up with it. When the skin fell off, the wart fell off with it. I've had no warts since.

Comment from: olie, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

My 20 year old son has had this planter wart for 3 years. Probably grown to the size of a 50 cent piece. Has tried freezing, medication, burning and cutting, etc. been referred to a dermatologist. I can't believe it's this difficult to get rid of.

Comment from: bad_pain&burning, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I have had my wart burned off and a few years later in came back. And now it's much more painful. I can't handle to even stand on it. I cut it out once a week and the pain goes away for a day or two then it's right back but hurts worse than it did before I cut it. I am not sure what I should do now but the damn thing is killing my foot. If anyone has any idea what I should do about it now. Please let me know.

Must Read Articles Related to Plantar Warts

Corns and Calluses
Corns and Calluses A callus (tyloma) is an area of skin that thickens after exposure to repetitive forces in order to protect the skin. A callus may not be painful. A corn is a ca...learn more >>
Leg Pain
Leg Pain There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some ...learn more >>
Warts
Warts Warts are small harmless tumors of the skin caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus. The three most common types of nongenital warts include common wa...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms and signs of your plantar warts?

Plantar Warts - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your plantar warts?