Viewer Comments: Plantar Warts - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Experience

What was your experience with plantar warts?

Comment from: Beverly, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I have had plantar wart on the ball of my foot off and on for 10 years! Laser surgery kept it off for a couple of years but it came back last year. I've had 3 laser treatments, 2 freeze treatments and 1 injection of bleomycin! I still have it! I'm going to try oregano essential oil next.

Comment from: Marion, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I have had painful plantar warts for more than 25 years. I tried really everything to get rid of them, but the condition became worse. I got laser therapy, and after a painful healing period the warts returned even more painful. Finally they were removed surgically, and after almost one month of horrible pain they came back again, deeper and larger than before. Today I am almost unable to walk as they hurt awfully. I deeply regret having them treated. If I would have let them alone I would never have been disabled as I am now.

Comment from: Kitty shemear, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

My plantar warts started as a small swelling like a pimple that didn't hurt but as time went on, it started to swell and get hard and a bit painful. I tried cutting it off with a nail cutter but this didn't work, even medication of salicylic acid in a pencil form hasn't helped. Now my toe is more painful than ever, walking or wearing closed shoes is hard. My toe is now turning darker and the skin around is peeling off too.

Comment from: Sanith, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 26

Salicylic acid is a good medicine that can remove plantar warts if you use it properly. I have experience with plantar warts. Use the medicine as described below. Soak your feet in hot water at least 5 to 10 minutes before applying salicylic acid. Apply salicylic acid in the affected area on a daily basis and cover it with a Band-Aid. After one week you can easily remove the wart from your foot. Keep patient and apply the medicine, this is not a dangerous disease but it is a little painful, that's it.

Comment from: Joni, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I presently have 4 plantar warts -- 2 on the bottom of each foot, on the ball area. I started using Dr. Scholl's Clear Away Wart Remover for plantar warts. After 8 days, the worst one came up and I have such relief when walking now! Follow the directions to the letter. This product is a relief.

Comment from: Lady Ga Ga 2, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I had plantar warts on both balls of my feet when i was 35 years old. They were very painful, plus I had a job that put me on my feet all day. I never walked around in a public shower barefooted, so I do not know how I contracted them. I went to a podiatrist and he cut them off. That was 30 years ago and they never came back.

Comment from: maxine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I have been suffering for at least 10 years. I've tried everything and every type of foot doctor. Nothing works. I have them on both feet. I can no longer wear certain shoes. I'm totally fed up. I'll be sure to try some of the suggestions I've read here.

Comment from: momof4, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

I've treated all four of my kids for plantar warts at some point. I placed white vinegar on a bandage and covered the wart with it every night. Over time, painlessly, the wart works its way up until it looks like an ugly wart we're used to seeing on skin and falls out of the foot.

Comment from: pain4years, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I have had plantar warts on the bottoms of both of my feet for 27 years. I've been trying to get rid of them by burning and freezing them. Nothing is working and they are so painful I can hardly walk.

Comment from: Danielle, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I've got a fairly big wart just below my toe and sometimes it hurts so much I can't sleep.

Comment from: patient, (Patient) Published: June 28

I got my first plantar wart about four months ago. It's toward the center of the bottom of my foot, so it hurts when I walk. Medicated pads didn't help, so I tried two sessions of cryotherapy. It turned the wart black, and now I have two more growing under my foot. Ibuprofen helps with the pain, and now I'm trying the salicylic acid and continuing cryotherapy. My PCP says to try salicylic acid and cover with a banana peel. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but I'll give it a try.

Must Read Articles Related to Plantar Warts

Corns and Calluses
Corns and Calluses A callus (tyloma) is an area of skin that thickens after exposure to repetitive forces in order to protect the skin. A callus may not be painful. A corn is a ca...learn more >>
Leg Pain
Leg Pain There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some ...learn more >>
Warts
Warts Warts are small harmless tumors of the skin caused by a virus called the learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your plantar warts?

Plantar Warts - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms and signs of your plantar warts?