Viewer Comments: Plantar Warts - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Experience

What was your experience with plantar warts?

Comment from: maxine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I have been suffering for at least 10 years. I've tried everything and every type of foot doctor. Nothing works. I have them on both feet. I can no longer wear certain shoes. I'm totally fed up. I'll be sure to try some of the suggestions I've read here.

Comment from: momof4, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

I've treated all four of my kids for plantar warts at some point. I placed white vinegar on a bandage and covered the wart with it every night. Over time, painlessly, the wart works its way up until it looks like an ugly wart we're used to seeing on skin and falls out of the foot.

Comment from: pain4years, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I have had plantar warts on the bottoms of both of my feet for 27 years. I've been trying to get rid of them by burning and freezing them. Nothing is working and they are so painful I can hardly walk.

Comment from: Danielle, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I've got a fairly big wart just below my toe and sometimes it hurts so much I can't sleep.

Comment from: patient, (Patient) Published: June 28

I got my first plantar wart about four months ago. It's toward the center of the bottom of my foot, so it hurts when I walk. Medicated pads didn't help, so I tried two sessions of cryotherapy. It turned the wart black, and now I have two more growing under my foot. Ibuprofen helps with the pain, and now I'm trying the salicylic acid and continuing cryotherapy. My PCP says to try salicylic acid and cover with a banana peel. I'm not sure how this will turn out, but I'll give it a try.

Comment from: KC1986, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I have a plantar wart on my heel. It hurts so bad to walk on. I've tried freezing it off with that at home stuff. It's only been a few days and no luck yet. I can't tell if it even worked. It doesn't feel any different.

Comment from: shannong, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 07

My 8yr old son had a fairly large plantar wart on the heel of his foot that we tried treating for a year with medicated salicylic pads. They were not working. I read online about the crazy idea of using nail polish, so we tried this and it seems to have worked. The wart seemed to come more and more to the surface and we kept seeing more and more dots in it - but I could tell there was a difference because they were now at the surface. I wasn't totally sure the nail polish was working, so one night we pumiced the wart down as usual and I added a drop of the liquid salicylic acid. The next day, the wart was very black inside. Over the next few days, we pumiced the black away, and it appears to be totally gone. I think it was the nail polish that made all the difference.

Comment from: pdf6161, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 24

I and two of my children have had plantar warts which we soaked in apple cider vinegar. After numerous soakings, they turned black and fell out. The vinegar treatment was pain-free and seems to have been effective. The children have not had a recurrence; it's been 6 months to a year; mine fell out this week. My son was 6, my daughter 11.

Comment from: skaiton, 45-54 Female Published: April 28

I have had a cluster of warts on bottom of foot and went today to have frozen off. It was very painful, also small wart on tip of finger also frozen. I hope this works. My sister used medicated bandages from nail salon for her warts on hands. She used them for two weeks. Her wart they became red and fell off, have not come back at all. Maybe I'll try them next!

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I had 1 large plantar wart as a teen, had it surgically removed, off my feet for a week, it healed, never to return for approx. 35 years. It's back with a lot more all on that same foot. I had laser surgery, which was the worst mistake in my life. Seven weeks after surgery they were all back, but double the warts. My foot is a mess.

Must Read Articles Related to Plantar Warts

Corns and Calluses
Corns and Calluses A callus (tyloma) is an area of skin that thickens after exposure to repetitive forces in order to protect the skin. A callus may not be painful. A corn is a ca...learn more >>
Leg Pain
Leg Pain There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some of the common causes include fractures, strains, sprains, bleeding, diseases such as gout, peripheral artery dis...learn more >>
Warts
Warts Warts are small harmless tumors of the skin caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus. The three most common types of nongenital warts include common wa...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your plantar warts?

Plantar Warts - Treatment

What was the effective treatment for your plantar warts?