Viewer Comments: Plantar Warts - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your plantar warts?

Comment from: Holly, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

I've had a plantar wart for 4-5 years now. I did not think much of it till it became very painful to walk on. It's on my baby toe on the side. I've tried the acid the doctor told me to use and nothing. It made the pain worse. Now we're trying the freezing and cutting it down, I hope this works because it is a painful procedure to have done.

Comment from: Wanda, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I have my first plantar warts on the bottom of my foot. This is first time I've had this and I'm 45. I have been to the doctor several times to treat. He said the initial one is now gone but now I have four more that have shown up. I can't afford to keep visiting the doc every 10 days. I read the other posts and will try the tape to see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment from: Redndal, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 21

After fighting my plantar wart for three years with numerous trips to the doctor, I used duct tape and it worked.

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I had noticed a little dot that was clear on the inside of it and I didn't say anything I had noticed another one. I made an appointment for the doctor and they said to go to a foot surgeon. In that while another one appeared. I just went and got them cut out. It doesn't hurt too badly, but I hope they don't come back.

My 7 year old had a pencil-eraser-sized wart on the sole of her foot for several months. One day she sprained her ankle, which had to be X-rayed. The next day, the wart, which was on the injured foot, had disappeared.

Comment from: Old Wise Tales, 55-64 Female Published: September 13

I had a plantar wart on the bottom of my big toe 30+ years ago. I tried Compound W, which did not work. I went to a podiatrist, who put this black stuff on it, which didn't work. Then someone I worked with told me to put adhesive tape on it every morning after showering. I would change the tape which took the dead stuff off each day about a week or so. Then I pulled the tape off and I had nice new pink skin. It WORKED!!

Comment from: DD, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 06

When I was 16, I developed a wart on the bottom of my foot an inch or so behind little toe. It developed to a cluster the size of a quarter over a few months. The infirmary at the private school I attended treated it by soaking the area in 5% formaldehyde for 15 minutes each day for 30 days. They all died and I removed them with a pin, leaving a hole in my foot 1/4 inch deep which filled in within a year or so. No more recurrences for 20 years. Now they pop up in the same area of my foot every two or three years. I treat them when I FIRST detect them after showering and cutting away excess skin with 17% salicylic acid. It dies within 6 weeks or so. Next time I'll try apple cider vinegar which cures many ailments.

Comment from: jennifer, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

Wow, after reading about everyone else's experiences I dread to think what I am in for! I have a plantar wart, two doctors told me it was a corn!

Comment from: Renee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

Both a friend and I had all of our plantar warts fall off after getting spinal anesthesia several years ago. I was wart free for several years, but now have a plantar wart again. I kind of wish I needed surgery.

Must Read Articles Related to Plantar Warts

Corns and Calluses
Corns and Calluses A callus (tyloma) is an area of skin that thickens after exposure to repetitive forces in order to protect the skin. A callus may not be painful. A corn is a ca...learn more >>
Leg Pain
Leg Pain There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some ...learn more >>
Warts
Warts Warts are small harmless tumors of the skin caused by a virus called the learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Experience

What was your experience with plantar warts?

Plantar Warts - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms and signs of your plantar warts?