Viewer Comments: Plantar Warts - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Treatment

What was the effective treatment for your plantar warts?

Comment from: DD, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 06

When I was 16, I developed a wart on the bottom of my foot an inch or so behind little toe. It developed to a cluster the size of a quarter over a few months. The infirmary at the private school I attended treated it by soaking the area in 5% formaldehyde for 15 minutes each day for 30 days. They all died and I removed them with a pin, leaving a hole in my foot 1/4 inch deep which filled in within a year or so. No more recurrences for 20 years. Now they pop up in the same area of my foot every two or three years. I treat them when I FIRST detect them after showering and cutting away excess skin with 17% salicylic acid. It dies within 6 weeks or so. Next time I'll try apple cider vinegar which cures many ailments.

Comment from: jennifer, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

Wow, after reading about everyone else's experiences I dread to think what I am in for! I have a plantar wart, two doctors told me it was a corn!

Comment from: Renee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

Both a friend and I had all of our plantar warts fall off after getting spinal anesthesia several years ago. I was wart free for several years, but now have a plantar wart again. I kind of wish I needed surgery.

Must Read Articles Related to Plantar Warts

Corns and Calluses
Corns and Calluses A callus (tyloma) is an area of skin that thickens after exposure to repetitive forces in order to protect the skin. A callus may not be painful. A corn is a ca...learn more >>
Leg Pain
Leg Pain There are a variety of causes of leg pain. Some of the common causes include fractures, strains, sprains, bleeding, diseases such as gout, peripheral artery dis...learn more >>
Warts
Warts Warts are small harmless tumors of the skin caused by a virus called the human papillomavirus. The three most common types of nongenital warts include common wa...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts:

Plantar Warts - Experience

What was your experience with plantar warts?

Plantar Warts - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your plantar warts?

From WebMD