Viewer Comments: Pleurisy - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pleurisy:

Pleurisy - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your pleurisy?

Comment from: Lois, 65-74 (Patient) Published: January 07

Yikes! This hurts! I started to hurt across my breast bone, and just a tiny bit to my left. I don't hurt when I breathe in very much, but moving or twisting my neck or back or bending over is terrible. Sitting very still for a while helps, but as soon as I try to get up, wow!

Comment from: bloody1, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 11

I had a sharp, stabbing pain in the right chest that woke me up.

Comment from: sickofbeingsick, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

I got sick with bronchitis. I developed a sharp pain in my right side with coughing and, sneezing about a month into my cold symptoms. I have now had this constant right-sided pain for 13 days and I went to see my doctor 10 days ago. He diagnosed me with pleurisy and I was given a steroid shot and an antibiotic. I've finished the antibiotic and my symptoms are still just as severe.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pleurisy:

Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?

Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - Treatments

How was your pleurisy treated?