Poison Proofing Your Home Topic Guide
Poison Proofing Your Home: Poison proofing your home is one of the most important ways to protect your family and pets from an accidental poisoning from solids (pills, plants, fertilizers), liquids (medicine, soap, household cleaners), insecticide sprays and paints, and odors such as carbon monoxide and paint stripper. Have the poison control center phone numbers and information readily available in case of an accidental poisoning. Information about when to seek medical care is also included in the information.
Must Read Articles:
Battery Ingestion Battery ingestion commonly occurs in children five years of age and younger, and in the elderly. Symptoms of battery ingestion include vomiting, gagging, abdominal pain, fever, rash, dark or bloody stools, irritability, drooling, and difficulty breathing. If you or someone you know has ingested a battery, go to the nearest emergency department for medical care.
Home and Health Resources
- 8 Signs of Binge Eating Disorder
- Deadly Allergies: Why Every Second Counts
- Myths and Facts About Baby Eczema