Postpartum Perineal Care (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Postpartum Perineal Symptoms
Injury to the vagina and the perineum during delivery may cause swelling, bruising, or a collection of blood under the skin called a hematoma. Any of these injuries can cause severe pain.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/30/2014
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?