IN THIS ARTICLE
Preeclampsia Self-Care at Home
If preeclampsia is suspected during a pregnancy, do not try to self-diagnose and treat at home; see the Obstetrician as soon as possible. If the doctor suggests home care, try to get help with household chores and assistance watching other children if the patient is sent home on bed rest. The doctor may recommend that the patient or caregiver take and record blood pressures at home and provide the patient with instructions if certain symptoms or blood pressure levels occur. If questions or problems occur, call the Obstetrician .
Must Read Articles Related to Preeclampsia
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Preeclampsia:
Preeclampsia - Symptoms
Please describe your symptoms of preeclampsia
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?