IN THIS ARTICLE
Just as there were no tests to predict or prevent preeclampsia, there are no tests to predict whether preeclampsia will recur in a subsequent pregnancy. Unfortunately, in a small number of women, preeclampsia will recur. This chance seems to increase if preeclampsia was particularly severe or occurred very early in pregnancy (late second trimester or early third trimester). Although, there are no tests to predict this occurring, the patient should be monitored more closely during a subsequent pregnancy.
Must Read Articles Related to Preeclampsia
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Preeclampsia:
Preeclampsia - Symptoms
Please describe your symptoms of preeclampsia
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?