Pregnancy, Bleeding (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Bleeding During Pregnancy Self-Care at Home
If you begin to bleed during early pregnancy, until your doctor has seen you and given different instructions, you should take it easy. Rest and relax, do not undertake heavy lifting or strenuous exercise, and abstain from sex, tampon use, or douching. Drink plenty of water and try to avoid against dehydration. Remember to keep track of the number of pads used and if the bleeding is increasing or decreasing.
There is no home care for late-pregnancy bleeding. You must see a health care professional immediately.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/8/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Pregnancy, Bleeding
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?