Pregnancy, Bleeding (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Bleeding During Pregnancy Diagnosis
The medical evaluation begins with a thorough history and physical exam. Depending on the setting (medical office or hospital) and the seriousness of your symptoms, laboratory and ultrasound tests may be performed. For bleeding in the early part of pregnancy, the doctor's main goal will be to make sure you don't have an ectopic pregnancy. That is what the evaluation will focus on. For late-pregnancy bleeding, the doctor first will make sure you are stable.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/8/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Pregnancy, Bleeding
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?