Pregnancy: Hand Changes
During pregnancy, changes in the hands are common.
Swelling also can be a more serious sign of preeclampsia, a problem related to pregnancy. For more information, see the topic Pregnancy-Related Problems. Swelling of your hands during pregnancy may be more serious when you have other symptoms, such as:
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?