Pregnancy Symptoms (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Elevated Basal Body Temperature
The basal body temperature (the oral temperature measured first thing in the morning, before arising from bed) typically remains elevated in early pregnancy. An elevation in the basal body temperature occurs shortly after ovulation and persists until the next menstrual period occurs. If pregnancy occurs, the temperature remains elevated.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/14/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Pregnancy Symptoms
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?