Pregnancy, Vomiting (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Most women who experience nausea and vomiting during the early part of pregnancy go on to have healthy babies. In fact, some evidence indicates that women with mild-to-moderate nausea and vomiting are less likely to miscarry than are women who experience no symptoms at all. Some experts say that mild nausea and vomiting in pregnancy might have served some evolutionary advantage for early humans.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/30/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Pregnancy, Vomiting
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pregnancy, Vomiting:
Pregnancy, Vomiting - Treatment
What was the best treatment for your pregnancy, vomiting?
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?