Pregnancy, Vomiting (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Call a healthcare provider if self-care at home does not help reduce the symptoms, or if you are unable to take (and keep down) any liquids for more than 24 hours. Also call when you vomit on and off, but more than usual, or if the vomiting is associated with these symptoms, which may stem from other causes:
Go to a hospital's emergency department when you vomit continually and you have these symptoms of dehydration:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/30/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Pregnancy, Vomiting
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pregnancy, Vomiting:
Pregnancy, Vomiting - Treatment
What was the best treatment for your pregnancy, vomiting?
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?