Pregnancy, Vomiting (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Vomiting During Pregnancy Treatment
If your symptoms are not severe and you have not already done so, your healthcare provider may suggest you try home care treatments (please see Self-Care at Home). If you have tried these and are still vomiting, your healthcare provider may suggest fluids be given to you with an IV. Often these fluids contain sugar as well as electrolytes. Many times fluid intake alone (IV or oral) can break the cycle of nausea and vomiting and temporarily make you feel much better.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/30/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Pregnancy, Vomiting
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pregnancy, Vomiting:
Pregnancy, Vomiting - Treatment
What was the best treatment for your pregnancy, vomiting?
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?