IN THIS ARTICLE
If the disease stems from a chronic illness, surgery may be required. A gastroenterologist, a specialist who deals with all the organs from the mouth to the anus, should advise you.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/30/2014
Hardik C Soni, MD
Eugene Hardin, MD, FACEP, FAAEM
Craig Wilder, MD
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
James Quinn, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Proctitis
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?