IN THIS ARTICLE
Follow-up is an integral part of treating proctitis. You must finish all the antibiotics given you. You should abstain from any sexual practice that may irritate the disease. Follow up with a visit to your health care provider after 1-2 weeks to determine whether the inflammation has cleared or if you should continue therapy. At any point, if the symptoms get worse, either contact your doctor or go to the emergency department, depending on the severity of your symptoms.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/30/2014
Hardik C Soni, MD
Eugene Hardin, MD, FACEP, FAAEM
Craig Wilder, MD
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
James Quinn, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Proctitis
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?