Viewer Comments: Prolapsed Uterus - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Prolapsed Uterus:

Prolapsed Uterus - Causes

Have you had any problems due to your prolapsed uterus?

Comment from: nyprjap, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I've been diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus. I noticed a bulge in my vagina when checking my IUD. I went to gynecologist after having problems urinating. I had to push it out. I do feel cramps almost daily. My doctor suggested the ring as contraception or surgery in the far future. I have no pain during sex, just an urge to urinate but then I have to sit and wait and push.

Comment from: Jerusabeth, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I am twenty years old and I have had a prolapsed uterus since I was fourteen. It never affected my sex life. My cervix falls out about half an inch of the vaginal opening if I sit on the toilet for long periods of time during my menstrual cycles, and it hurts if I try to push it in while sitting. It goes back to place when I stand. I never thought it was a problem so I never told or asked anyone. I am now thirty-seven weeks pregnant and when I first saw my OB/GYN she was shocked by how low it was. She told me I will need surgery later in life, but it will not affect my pregnancy or labor.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

I'm 33, and I've never had kids. I had uterine fibroids which were checked annually through sonogram and ultrasound. My ob/gyn never warned me about things progressing to a prolapsed uterus, and only said, "They're benign, not cancerous. We'll just keep an eye on them." Well, I had the low back pain, recurring UTI symptoms without any bacteria to blame, bleeding after sex, and painful sex. I had my hysterectomy about 4 weeks ago and it was the best decision EVER. Recovery is slow but steady.

Comment from: BetsyBoop, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

Due to my prolapsed uterus, I cannot have sex with my husband because it is too painful. I have nagging lower back pain anytime I stand longer than 5 or 10 minutes. I also have frequent and urgent urinary symptoms and constipation with pain upon moving my bowels. I have frequent UTIs and sometimes have to push the urine out forcefully. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy next week and hope this makes things better.

Comment from: Evergreen, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 18

I have had repeated kidney infections for most of this year and previously and tests showed it was probably due to the bacteria klebsiella. It never responded to treatment well. A few months ago I noticed a strange lump in the vagina which proved to be a prolapsed uterus. My GP said it was probably a contributory cause to the repeated infections.

Comment from: ebeth77, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I have only given birth to my 2 children, but have a prolapsed uterus. I am 33 years old, my children are 9 and 4. It is not painful, thankfully at this point, but annoying. My sex life is normal. I have been married for 11 years, but my prolapse got a lot worse since I have had bronchitis, so much coughing! So, now I am worried. I really have to keep pushing it back in, and I can feel it every time I cough. God help me.

Must Read Articles Related to Prolapsed Uterus

Vaginal Prolapse
Vaginal Prolapse Vaginal prolapse is a condition in which the structures like the uterus, rectum, urethra, bladder, small bowel, or the vagina itself, prolapses, or falls out of...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Prolapsed Uterus:

Prolapsed Uterus - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your prolapsed uterus?