Viewer Comments: Prolapsed Uterus - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Prolapsed Uterus:

Prolapsed Uterus - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your prolapsed uterus?

Comment from: hbh, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

I have four kids ages 10, 8, 3 and 2. Two weeks ago, I woke up to use the bathroom and couldn't get out of bed. I was in so much pain that I urinated on myself. When I made it to the bathroom to clean myself up that's when i noticed my uterus and cervix were about two inches out of my vagina.

Comment from: bethan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I had a shelf put in place to hold the uterus up, but it came out after two month. I also had pain passing urine.

Comment from: permmitlaw1, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 27

One day I coughed really hard and bam! There it was! I have had 3 children and am now 80 years old and very active. When I sit it goes back in. As soon as I stand it is in my undies and most uncomfortable. Like a slime ball in my underwear. I could live with it as uncomfortable as it is except it interferes with bowel movements and urinating. My doctor does not recommend the surgery. My thought is fear of other problems with kidneys and colon because of the pressure that stops me from normal elimination of waste. I have used the vaginal creams and exercises to no avail!!!

Comment from: Patsy, 65-74 (Patient) Published: August 18

I was diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus. The GYN prescribed estrogen tablets to be inserted into the vagina. It helped for a long while but now it has gotten worse and I have had pain in the pelvic area and also lower back on the right side. I am in my 70s and would not like to have a hysterectomy at this stage of my life.

Must Read Articles Related to Prolapsed Uterus

Vaginal Prolapse
Vaginal Prolapse Vaginal prolapse is a condition in which the structures like the uterus, rectum, urethra, bladder, small bowel, or the vagina itself, prolapses, or falls out of...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Prolapsed Uterus:

Prolapsed Uterus - Causes

Have you had any problems due to your prolapsed uterus?