Viewer Comments: Prostate Infections - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Prostate Infections:

Prostate Infections - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your prostate infection?

Comment from: Mahoney, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 15

Three weeks ago I had a biopsy on my prostate gland - prior to which I had no symptoms and had only had a PSA blood test because of my age. Two days after the biopsy I developed a severe urinary infection. To date I have had three types of antibiotics and although there is now no pain - I have to urinate every 10 to 15 minutes and cannot get any sleep which in turn is leaving me exhausted.

Comment from: epicman, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 13

With my prostate infection, I had a very small stream of urine. It also seemed like I had to urinate when I did not, especially at night. I had a low quantity of semen at ejaculation with some pain. I had a very painful prostate exam. I'm taking Cipro.

Comment from: Dan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

With my prostate infection, I had lower back pain with fever that became worse at night. I also had pain through lower abdomen as well. This infection is very hard to treat and even harder to explain to concerned family members.

Comment from: 55-64 Male Published: November 29

I have blood in my semen and pain in the groin, and hips. I also have trouble urinating.

Comment from: ProstateKing, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 29

Symptoms were felt mainly at night. I had burning urination with difficulty starting.

Comment from: Pule, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 26

It started with fever and dizzy spells. then burning urinating and feel like there is still more to come...none.

Comment from: k, 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 17

I had a urinary tract infection about eight weeks ago which cleared up with antibiotics but I continued to feel extremely fatigued. Further tests concluded that there is prostrate infection. I am on Cipro for 30 days.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

With my prostate infection, I had a burning sensation while urinating. Antibiotic medications worked for a while, but my symptoms came right back.

Comment from: Curious, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

I got checked out after I discovered blood in my semen. Sure enough, it was prostate cancer.

Comment from: John, Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I had a burning sensation while passing urine. Also while pooping, there is completion feeling. Feels like again I have to poop, but no stool or a tiny piece of stool goes. Fever developed at night.

Must Read Articles Related to Prostate Infections

E. coli (Escherichia coli 0157:H7, E. coli 0157:H7) Infections
E. coli: Escherichia coli 0157:H7, E. coli 0157:H7 Escherichia coli 0157:H7 (E. coli 0157:H7) infections are caused by bacterial. E. coli 0157:H7 is one of the most virulent strains and is passed from person to ...learn more >>
Enlarged Prostate
Enlarged Prostate A man's prostate gland usually starts to enlarge after he reaches age 40 years or middle age. This condition is called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The p...learn more >>