Viewer Comments: Prostate Infections - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Prostate Infections:

Prostate Infections - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your prostate infection?

Comment from: rambo, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 19

I've had three biopsies because my PSA was really high. My PSA went from a 10 to a 19 in three months. I ask for a biopsy to make sure no cancer. No cancer. Doctors are still working to figure out what's going on.

Comment from: Golfner, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 28

I was having short urine flows for 3-4 days. I knew something was wrong. One morning I was taking a bowel movement when all of a sudden, the pain was unbearable. I went straight to the doctor's office and explained my symptoms. He did a finger check and I about went through the roof when he touched my prostate. He put me on doxycycline for 10 days.

Comment from: Jasper, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 18

For over a month I struggled to hold my urine. Where I usually could hold for 1-2 hours, it became more like 5-10 minutes after the usual warning. There was no pain or rash or any other symptoms. When I went to the doctor he advised me that I had a prostate infection and to have more sex or masturbate more.

Comment from: hope, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 14

My symptoms were pain in the penis with a little burning sensation when I urinated. When I urinated, it felt as if I had a little more urine left in my urethra when I finished. So I walked around feeling like I had urine left in my urethra. I went to the urologist, he pushed on my prostate. He prescribed me ciprofloxacin 500 mg for prostatitis. It seems to be working after taking only two doses.

Comment from: Kory, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

I had a fever without flu symptoms, bouncing from 100 to 103. I had pain in my stomach above the belt line, and pain at night above my hips and lower back while trying to sleep at night. I had frequent urination, and the feeling that I still need to go even afterward. I had the fever for eight days before getting checked out. I should have done it sooner. I'm on Cipro, and life is returning to normal.

Comment from: jamison mcgee, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 31

I had pus and mucous in my stool and urine and spots of blood in my stool. It was very painful to urinate and defecate. I had lower back pain constantly and soft erections. It sucked bad.

Comment from: fish, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 02

I had pain in my hips and extreme hot and cold flashes and problems urinating.

Comment from: Bama, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 22

The reason I went to get checked out was that I was unable to keep an erection when attempting to have sex with my girlfriend. Nothing is more embarrassing than losing it at the wrong moment. I was blown away when the doc said it was a prostate infection. He prescribed me Cipro 500mg for 30 days. Y'all go see the doc if you have anything like I described. It was well worth it!

Comment from: Dave, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

I've had very bloody ejaculate and a tender groin. I'm now on Cipro 500 mg, twice daily for ten days.

Comment from: Edward, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 19

I started experiencing pain and unnecessary urination. The prostate would swell up block both functions for days. The pain got so bad that bed was the only relief giving me time to go over my routines during the daytime. I realized that I was consuming 6-packs of diet soda and gaining weight fast. I read up on diet sodas and checked out aspartame. I stopped the sodas immediately and things got better. One day I drank a regular soda and the problem came back. I now know that sodas are one of the reasons and they have been removed from my fluid intakes. Water and tea is where it's at.

Comment from: GDBeamer, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 17

I had episodes of pain similar to hemorrhoid pain but associated with attempting to urinate. Over 2-3 months, the pain became more intense as attempts to urinate became more and more difficult. My sign of "it's time to go to the doctor" was when the pain would appear without the need to urinate and was a solid 8 on my pain scale. I was given Cipro 500mg twice daily for thirty days. This has worked in the past but I have yet to nail down a cause.

Must Read Articles Related to Prostate Infections

E. coli (Escherichia coli 0157:H7, E. coli 0157:H7) Infections
E. coli: Escherichia coli 0157:H7, E. coli 0157:H7 Escherichia coli 0157:H7 (E. coli 0157:H7) infections are caused by bacterial. E. coli 0157:H7 is one of the most virulent strains and is passed from person to ...learn more >>
Enlarged Prostate
Enlarged Prostate A man's prostate gland usually starts to enlarge after he reaches age 40 years or middle age. This condition is called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The p...learn more >>