Psoriatic Arthritis (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Psoriatic Arthritis Prognosis
Psoriatic arthritis tends to alternate between flare-ups and periods of improvement. It leads to joint damage and severe disability in many of the people it affects. Some people may need surgery.
The following factors influence how severe your psoriatic arthritis will be:
Rarely, complications such as joint dislocations of the neck and leaking of the heart valves may occur.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 10/2/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Psoriatic Arthritis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Psoriatic Arthritis:
Psoriatic Arthritis - Treatment
What treatment did you receive for psoriatic arthritis?
Psoriatic Arthritis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with psoriatic arthritis.
- Learn Psoriasis Flare-up Triggers
- Itchy Rash? Could It Be Psoriasis?
- Caring for Skin and Joints With Psoriatic Arthritis
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?