Pulled Hamstring Topic Guide
Pulled Hamstring: A pulled hamstring is a strain of the hamstring muscle. A hamstring pull may be caused by walking, running, or even walking down steps. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and tenderness with possible bleeding and bruising. Treatment involves rest, icing the pull, compression with an Ace wrap, and elevating the injury. It may be necessary to avoid weight-bearing activities with the use of crutches.
Muscle Strain Muscle strain or muscle pull or even a muscle tear implies damage to a muscle or its attaching tendons. Symptoms and signs include swelling, bruising, pain, and weakness. Treatment may involve rest, ice, compression, and elevation in addition to taking anti-inflammatory medications.
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu