Pulled Hamstring Topic Guide
Pulled Hamstring: A pulled hamstring is a strain of the hamstring muscle. A hamstring pull may be caused by walking, running, or even walking down steps. Symptoms include pain, swelling, and tenderness with possible bleeding and bruising. Treatment involves rest, icing the pull, compression with an Ace wrap, and elevating the injury. It may be necessary to avoid weight-bearing activities with the use of crutches.
Running Learn about the history of running, benefits of jogging, what muscles are used, running and weight loss, running risks, how to run with proper running form, running shoes and clothing, how to get started running, running races as a beginner, how to train, interval training, and famous runners.
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu