Viewer Comments: Pulled Hamstring - Recovery Time

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pulled Hamstring:

Pulled Hamstring - Recovery Time

What was the recovery time for your pulled hamstring?

Comment from: Vani, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I tore my hamstrings (back of my left thigh and butt) 2 weeks ago while splitting. I don't feel any pain while walking, running or dancing hard, I don't notice any bruise nor swelling either. Pain only bothers me when I stretch my leg. It is pretty frustrating for me since I have to stretch to get flexibility but clearly I cannot at the moment. I do RICE protocol but I haven't felt any better. I hope my hamstring would be healed soon.

Comment from: Ray, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 05

I had the hamstring injury last seek. I am treating the injury with Aleve, and using a walker.

Comment from: Dorothy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I tore my hamstring on January 8th of this year. I was in so much pain I had to be taken to the emergency room in a rescue squad. I'm still recovering. I am on less pain medication but I know when there will be a change in the weather.

Must Read Articles Related to Pulled Hamstring

Crutches
Crutches Since antiquity humans have fashioned support devices to hold themselves up when they became sick or injured. Evidence of such devices dates to 2830 B.C. A crut...learn more >>
Muscle Strain
Muscle Strain Muscle strain or muscle pull or even a muscle tear implies damage to a muscle or its attaching tendons. Symptoms and signs include swelling, bruising, pain, and...learn more >>
Running
Running Learn about: learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pulled Hamstring:

Pulled Hamstring - Causes

How did you sustain your pulled hamstring injury?

Pulled Hamstring - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your pulled hamstring?