Puncture Wound (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Puncture Wound Prognosis
Most puncture wounds heal well on their own. Patients will be given thorough instructions emphasizing wound care and cleansing and monitoring for infection. Overall prognosis from most puncture wounds (except puncture wounds from guns, long knives or deep wounds that puncture the intestines, lungs, brain or other organs, which are not the subjects of this article) is good.
Medically reviewed by Martin E Zipser, MD; American board of Surgery
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/10/2014
Barbara J Blasko, MD
Scott E Rudkin, MD
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Puncture Wound
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Puncture Wound:
Puncture Wound - Causes
What was the cause of your puncture wound?
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication