Puncture Wound (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Puncture Wound Diagnosis
The evaluation is based on a thorough history of what caused the puncture wound and the circumstances surrounding the event. The doctor will ask about the time from injury to evaluation, type of object that caused the injury, an estimate of the depth of penetration, inspection of the object if available, and whether or not footwear was worn if the injury is to the foot.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/10/2014
Barbara J Blasko, MD
Scott E Rudkin, MD
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Puncture Wound
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Puncture Wound:
Puncture Wound - Causes
What was the cause of your puncture wound?
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication