Puncture Wound (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Puncture Wound Treatment
The wound will be thoroughly cleansed. The doctor may use instruments to look for objects in the wound. The patient may be given a tetanus shot. Antibiotics may be given to people with diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, contaminated wounds, or deep wounds to the foot. Most healthy people without signs of infection do not require antibiotics.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/10/2014
Barbara J Blasko, MD
Scott E Rudkin, MD
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Puncture Wound
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Puncture Wound:
Puncture Wound - Causes
What was the cause of your puncture wound?
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication