Puncture Wound (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Puncture Wound Follow-up
The patient will be given instructions for general wound care and specifically for puncture wounds. If the patient has other concerns or he or she thinks they see signs of infection (such as redness, warmth, pus draining from the wound) or develop a fever, they should call a doctor.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/10/2014
Barbara J Blasko, MD
Scott E Rudkin, MD
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Puncture Wound
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Puncture Wound:
Puncture Wound - Causes
What was the cause of your puncture wound?
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication