Puncture Wound (cont.)
Puncture Wound Prevention
The following suggestions are listed to reduce the risk of puncture wounds.
- Use sharp objects only for their intended purpose and handle with care. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not run with sharp objects or glass in your hands.
- Always sweep up broken glass promptly and carefully avoid picking up pieces with bare hands.
- Remove nails from boards and dispose of them properly.
- Keep play and work areas free of trash and glass bottles or objects.
Must Read Articles Related to Puncture Wound
Finger infections can be caused by a variety of bacteria and viruses. Types of finger infections include paronychia, felon, herpetic whitlow, cellulitis, infect...learn more >>
Tetanus is an infectious disease caused by contamination of wounds from the bacteria Clostridium tetani, or the spores they produce that live in the soil, and a...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Puncture Wound: