Viewer Comments: Pustular Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pustular Psoriasis:

Pustular Psoriasis - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of pustular psoriasis?

Comment from: tiredofit, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I have chronic pustular psoriasis on palms and soles of feet. I have now been diagnosed with lichen sclerosis which is quite similar but located on different part of body. Most of treatments have too adverse side effects for me to want to attempt.

Comment from: hodge , 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 09

My 19 year old daughter has spent 6 weeks in UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill with horrid effects of pustular psoriasis. Her child was delivered 2 months early just to save her life. It has now been 2 months since the delivery and her symptoms have not subsided. She had to shave her head due to the sores and loss of hair. She can't even hold her sweet baby that is now out of NICU and we are at wits end. Her pain is severe, her fever up and down. The sores alone, I fear for the long term scaring.

Comment from: bad feet, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had pustular psoriasis now for almost 20 years. It started on my hands. That disappeared and then came on my feet. I feet itch and burn so bad and I can hardly walk sometimes. I can go to bed with clear feet and wake up with hundreds of little pus blisters the next morning. Nothing helps. Have spent hundreds of dollars on meds and even had light treatment 3 times a week but to no avail...

Comment from: Dee Dee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I have it on the palms of both hands. The first severe attack came 10 years ago. I felt fine and all of a sudden I could not walk. Then I noticed my palms were broken out. I could not go to work for 3 weeks. I went to some specialists, but no one diagnosed it. I have had minor flare ups with no great pain until now. A month ago I had severe pain in my chest and shoulder accompanied by a severe flare-up. I have a new doctor, and she took a sample of the pustule. I just got the lab report back, so now my doctor and I will have to decide where to go with this.

Comment from: Regina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I was diagnosed with pustular psoriasis nearly 6 years ago. It started on my right palm as 2 blisters, now I am almost constantly in a "flare." My palms and soles are both involved, including the sides of my heels and toes, which makes it very difficult and painful to walk. I have had one or two pustules on my arms, back of my hands and on my head. I have tried many things over the years to keep it at bay, including PUVA therapy. Nothing has worked.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

My symptoms of pustular psoriasis include: fevers, nausea, bad headaches, lethargy, facial swelling, large areas of pustule formation on my face, and inside my nose and mouth! This can go on for months at a time. I also have psoriatic arthritis.

Comment from: alpesh, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 28

With my pustular psoriasis, I have reddening of palms of my hands. The skin is becoming thick on my hands, which are itching profusely, and my skin is coming off in layers.

Comment from: greta5, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I have pustular psoriasis on my hands and feet. Mine comes and goes in cycles. It will be better for a couple of weeks, and then it returns. I have been struggling with this for almost two years now.

Comment from: Rae, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

I have pustular psoriasis on the heel of my left foot. It was so bad I felt like I was walking on needles. My foot doctor gave me a special boot that has the heel cut out. I am on my feet all day at work and I find this helps when it gets bad.

Comment from: pauls mom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I also have pustular psoriasis on the feet and hands. It is all over my heels sides and bottoms of my feet. It is difficult to walk. This is very painful. I am currently taking Humira, but it continues to spread to other areas of my feet.

Must Read Articles Related to Pustular Psoriasis

Psoriasis
Psoriasis Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder that affects 1%-2% of people in the U.S. Symptoms and signs include red, raised, scaly areas on the skin that ma...learn more >>
Psoriatic Arthritis
Psoriatic Arthritis Psoriatic arthritis is a specific condition autoimmune condition in which a person has both psoriasis and arthritis. Some psoriatic arthritis symptoms and signs...learn more >>
Types of Psoriasis
Types of Psoriasis Psoriasis is a chronic disease of the skin that affects approximately 5.5 million people in the United States. Typical characteristics of psoriasis are red, dry...learn more >>