Viewer Comments: Pustular Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pustular Psoriasis:

Pustular Psoriasis - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of pustular psoriasis?

Comment from: lifewasfun, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I had these blisters appear on the palm of my hands about 6 months ago. As I had a regular appointment with my doctor, I ask about them, was told it was pustular psoriasis and she prescribed a cream called Clobetasol Propionate 0.05%. I'm not sure it is doing anything. My feet have now broken out, soles of the feet & heels. My knees and elbows are showing signs now. It is very painful to walk and my hands itch all the time. I am looking at these sites hoping to learn more.

Comment from: angstandvexed, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I have had pustular psoriasis for about 3 years now. I am taking Enbrel and Prednisone for it, and had it under control (but no exceptional clearing). Recently I started using Burts Bee's products, washing the area in Witch Hazel, and using Miracle of Aloe Psoriasis Cream. The psoriasis has not gone away, but it has gotten a lot better.

Comment from: Joy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

I have just been told I have pustular psoriasis and this has been very helpful for me in understanding what is going on with my hands.

Comment from: Misty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I was diagnosed with pustular psoriasis six years ago. I have it on my hands, feet, head and sometimes my legs. Nothing has helped me so far from the doctor. I have been using a new cream called Aveeno Eczema therapy. It has really helped the itching and dry skin. I am also taking sea salt, oatmeal, Epsom salt baths every other night and it has kept the blisters away so far. I have only been doing this a week. I have developed numbness on the left side of my face, both inside and out and on my chin. The doctor thinks I may have MS. I am wondering if the pustular psoriasis has caused this, if I do have MS. I am so scared.

Comment from: tiredofit, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I have chronic pustular psoriasis on palms and soles of feet. I have now been diagnosed with lichen sclerosis which is quite similar but located on different part of body. Most of treatments have too adverse side effects for me to want to attempt.

Comment from: hodge , 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 09

My 19 year old daughter has spent 6 weeks in UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill with horrid effects of pustular psoriasis. Her child was delivered 2 months early just to save her life. It has now been 2 months since the delivery and her symptoms have not subsided. She had to shave her head due to the sores and loss of hair. She can't even hold her sweet baby that is now out of NICU and we are at wits end. Her pain is severe, her fever up and down. The sores alone, I fear for the long term scaring.

Comment from: bad feet, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had pustular psoriasis now for almost 20 years. It started on my hands. That disappeared and then came on my feet. I feet itch and burn so bad and I can hardly walk sometimes. I can go to bed with clear feet and wake up with hundreds of little pus blisters the next morning. Nothing helps. Have spent hundreds of dollars on meds and even had light treatment 3 times a week but to no avail...

Comment from: Dee Dee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I have it on the palms of both hands. The first severe attack came 10 years ago. I felt fine and all of a sudden I could not walk. Then I noticed my palms were broken out. I could not go to work for 3 weeks. I went to some specialists, but no one diagnosed it. I have had minor flare ups with no great pain until now. A month ago I had severe pain in my chest and shoulder accompanied by a severe flare-up. I have a new doctor, and she took a sample of the pustule. I just got the lab report back, so now my doctor and I will have to decide where to go with this.

Comment from: Regina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I was diagnosed with pustular psoriasis nearly 6 years ago. It started on my right palm as 2 blisters, now I am almost constantly in a "flare." My palms and soles are both involved, including the sides of my heels and toes, which makes it very difficult and painful to walk. I have had one or two pustules on my arms, back of my hands and on my head. I have tried many things over the years to keep it at bay, including PUVA therapy. Nothing has worked.

Must Read Articles Related to Pustular Psoriasis

Psoriasis Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder that affects 1%-2% of people in the U.S. Symptoms and signs include red, raised, scaly areas on the skin that ma...learn more >>
Psoriatic Arthritis
Psoriatic Arthritis Psoriatic arthritis is a specific condition autoimmune condition in which a person has both psoriasis and arthritis. Some psoriatic arthritis symptoms and signs...learn more >>
Types of Psoriasis
Types of Psoriasis Psoriasis is a chronic disease of the skin that affects approximately 5.5 million people in the United States. Typical characteristics of psoriasis are red, dry...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pustular Psoriasis:

Pustular Psoriasis - Treatment

What treatments have you tried for pustular psoriasis?

Pustular Psoriasis - Medications

What medications do you take for pustular psoriasis?