Rash Home Remedies
A health-care provider can advise an individual regarding the suitability of these and other self-care measures for a particular condition.
- ydrocortisone cream
- Use of soapless cleansers like Cetaphil or Dove
- Emollients such as Crisco vegetable shortening and Vaseline
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) for itching
- Ketoconazole shampoo to wash the affected areas
- Clotrimazole cream or terbinafine spray twice a day
- Benadryl for itching
- Dilute vinegar soaks to affected area: Mix 4 parts water and 1 part white vinegar.
- Dilute Clorox bleach bath: ¼ cup Clorox regular bleach in one bathtub full of warm water for skin infections
- Chlorhexidine (Hibiclens) washes twice a day to affected area
- Many people are as allergic to neomycin or bacitracin as they are to poison ivy. Their use in such people complicates the clinical picture by starting a second rash on top of the first. Topical diphenhydramine (Benadryl) can have the same effect in certain people.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/21/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Rash
Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. Contact dermatitis is a localized rash or irritation of the skin caused by contact with a foreign substance.learn more >>
Coxsackievirus infection is spread from person to person when an infected person does not cover their mouth when coughing or sneezing or touches someone with un...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rash: