Viewer Comments: Rash - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rash:

Rash - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?

Comment from: Don, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I woke up with an itchy rash that came and went throughout the day and moved to different areas of my body. I found relief from the itching by rubbing tea tree soothing gel on the effected areas. It contains tea tree oil, aloe vera, witch hazel and other herbal extracts. It reduced the redness of the rash as well. It may not be a cure, but it did reduce the symptoms about 10 minutes later.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I suddenly broke out in a terribly itchy rash that was diagnosed as an allergic reaction. My doctor gave me a strong antihistamine with little results. The rash would calm down and then start up again. It appeared as small red spots on my abdomen and chest, and then it spread to my arms. I got relief from bathing with Selsun Blue, but it didn't stop. I found the cause when my 17-year-old cat had to be put to sleep. The vet found he had feline scabies. They will get on humans but do not survive long off the cat, thus the cycles of itching. Be careful in talking to your doctor about this as they confuse the treatment for feline or canine scabies with the treatment for human scabies, which is a heavy duty poisonous cream. If your pet itches and you do too, it could be related.

Comment from: rammy, 19-24 Female Published: February 14

Selson Blue shampoo, different creams. No insurance so I have done my best for 8 years.

Comment from: Keradda, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

This is the coolest site! Keep it so!

Comment from: lazygirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

It started with a headache then hot flashes, then my chin itched then bam blisters on my chin. And my lymph node is swollen. I feel so weak and lazy. I'm thinking its shingles but I'm not sure.

Comment from: Mary , 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I was bitten with some flying insect and have a rash on my check three days ago. I have little pain as long as I use Hydrocortisone Cream. Last night pain woke me up from my sleep. It felt like something was eating me. There is no sign of a tick. I applied the cream which helped me.

Must Read Articles Related to Rash

Chickenpox
Chickenpox Chickenpox, also known as varicella, is a highly contagious infection that affects children. Most infections occur between the ages of 5-10 years and usually st...learn more >>
Contact Dermatitis
Contact Dermatitis Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. Contact dermatitis is a localized rash or irritation of the skin caused by contact with a foreign substance.learn more >>
Coxsackievirus
Coxsackievirus Coxsackievirus infection is spread from person to person when an infected person does not cover their mouth when coughing or sneezing or touches someone with un...learn more >>