Viewer Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Raynaud Phenomenon:

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your Raynaud's phenomenon?

Comment from: joanbone, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

Every winter in Iowa since my late teens, I experience the very cold sensation in my toes and fingers. As long as I can remember, I've had a low tolerance to cold. The Raynaud's phenomenon progresses as the months and cold go on to the point of constant pain, like prickly needles or frostbite. I am 55 and do cross fit training 5 days a week. As we approach the end of February it is worsening and the pain makes it hard to run or do certain workouts but I keep doing it hoping to improve circulation and keep weight in check. Recently I pried one shoe off with the other shoe and thought I had peeled the toe back, so tender! I cannot wait for warmer weather. Doctor says the only cure is cardio medicines; no thanks.

Comment from: bill, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 10

It seems that age has no effect in the problem of Raynaud's phenomenon. I started to have problems with it about 5 years ago and it is getting worse. The hands and feet and open areas of skin are the worst to take care of. So far I have not had any information of value from doctors, they just listen to me and go on to the next issue, in my visit at the VA (Veterans Affairs). Main thing is to keep warm and during the winter I wear gloves at home and it helps some. Also use them driving in the cooler seasons. Thanks for this site as it has helped some with information.

Must Read Articles Related to Raynaud Phenomenon

Cold Hands and Feet
Cold Hands and Feet When your hands or feet (and sometimes other parts of the body, especially your ears and nose) get too cold, they can be injured or react in different ways. Sym...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Raynaud Phenomenon:

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.

Raynaud's Phenomenon Pregnancy - Treatment

What was the treatment for your Raynaud's phenomenon?